May 5th, 2021
Commercetools is taking a fascinating approach to enabling digital commerce. They are referred to as a true cloud, headless commerce platform, providing the building blocks for the new digital commerce age. Those building blocks are 350 consumable APIs that let you build anything commerce experience you want!
Fun fact, they coined the term "headless commerce" in 2013, long before it was as popular as it is today.
Examples of brands that use Commerce tools are Audi, Tiffany & Co, Universal Music, Carhartt, and many more. Plus mutual brands with Bold such as Harry Rosen who leverages their suite of API's with Bold Checkout and other technologies to really create something special. Shameless plug, but definitely check out HarryRosen.com when you have a chance.
It's a fascinating conversation that I think everyone will learn something from. Enjoy!
Some of the topics we discuss are:
- What exactly is Headless Commerce and why should brands consider it.
- How did Headless Commerce start, evolve, and where is it today
- Definition of the MACH alliance (Microservices based, API-first, Cloud-native SaaS and Headless.)
- What is Composable Commerce?
- What types of customers use commercetools and why?
- Who are competitors to commercetools, and what would make commercetools different/better?
- For you to say commercetools has won, or achieved its goal, what needs to happen
- What are the biggest trends Kelly is excited about in commerce