Oct 8th, 2020
Aaron Orendorff is the former Editor in Chief at Shopify Plus and one of the very best at understanding how to leverage content to grow an ecommerce brand. I learnt a ton during this conversation!
Aaron gives us tactical advice for the holidays, specifically around Amazon Prime Day. If you don't think Prime day affects you, you're wrong. Listen to the episode and you'll learn why. That's just the first 2 minutes though. Aaron does a brain dump on tactical things you can do RIGHT now to improve your online store. From SEO quick wins, to how you should use content, and NOT use content, and so much more.
This is an episode you don't want to miss.
Some of the topics we discuss are:
- Amazon has announced October 13th is Prime Day. Aaron covers exactly what you need to do to be ready!
- Not all emails are equal! Depending when you capture them makes a BIG difference.
- Are you using quizzes in your store? You probably should be!
- The three key reasons you need to invest in content as an ecommerce brand
- NEVER KILL YOUR SUPPORT ARTICLES. There's a good chance they might be the highest ranking pages for search. There's a better way to handle outdated articles.
Links / Resources
- Bamboo Earth - Great example of a quiz funnell (also does subscriptions)
- Kongbox.com - Great example of a quiz funnell (also does subscriptions)
- HeyGlowup.com - Great example of a quiz funnell (also does subscriptions)
- Bold Options - Used for adding gift wrapping as an option to a select group of products, a specific collection, or every product in your store.
- Bold Upsell - Gift Wrapping as an upsell at checkout
- Bold Motivator - Add gift wrapping as a free gift when customers spend a certain amount.
- Tracksmith - Example of an ecommerce brand that does content really well.
- Nuggs - Aaron's totally into these guys right now.