Mar 15th, 2021
"Speed to Market" vs "Speed to Innovate"? What's the difference, why does it matter, how should you approach each, and can they work together?
Karim Marucchi joins us to discuss the differences between Open Source vs SaaS, the strengths of each, how they're different, how they work, and most importantly, how they can work together!
Karim is the CEO of Crowd Favorite and one of the most forward thinking leaders in the digital experience platform space, and all things open source. He works with some of the largest brands in the world such as Disney, Lexus, Cambell's National Geographic, helping them innovate on WooCommerce, an open source platform.
BONUS: Our Chief Revenue Officer at Bold joins us on today's show!
Some of the topics we discuss are:
- Advantage to using SaaS over OS (when comparing)
- Advantage to using Open Source over sass (when comparing)
- How do you look at this for Enterprise level solutions and for small and medium sized business? (is it only for the Enterprise?)
- How do you start looking at this strategically when your in the “evaluation phase”
- How do Headless Commerce & Open Source work together
- What trends are happening in commerce on wordpress / Woo?
- What types of brands should choose Woocommerce as their platform?
- What does the future hold for Open Source ecommerce?
Karim Marucchi, CEO of Crowd Favorite, has over 20+ years of experience in launching digital strategies. From bootstrapping one the first digital production teams in the industry, to leading global teams within the WPP Group, to taking agencies public; his wealth of expertise in leading digital teams across the globe has helped curate and expand his vision to lead Crowd Favorite in helping Enterprise organizations integrate successful Open Source into today’s Digital transformation strategies.